Friday, June 21, 2019

Walking Assessment

I asked at physio today if I could get my walking looked at because something felt wrong. Like it felt like my torso and ribs were moving when I walked. After I described the feeling the clinic had the head physiotherapist look at me instead of just the physio assistant who monitors me.

It took like an extra twenty minutes at the end of the my appointment but I think it's going to be worth it. 

It turns out that the big issue with my walking is in my lower lumbar region. He said it's all stiff and tight and pinching nerves from the years of correcting for my hips before. He said that it doesn't move well it's forcing all of my movement to come from my hips instead of flowing naturally through my body. Without asking me about pain he identified exactly where my back is always hurting and described the nerve pain I've been getting.

So starting next week, the head physio is going to work with me on my back doing some chiropractic adjustment (he trained as a chiropractor and physiotherapist) to help loosen up my low back.

No comments:

Post a Comment